Chadian president Idriss Déby and Beninese president Boni Yayi, arrived on Thursday in Impfondo in northern Congo to attend the 3rd international Forum of Indigenous Peoples of Central Africa (FIPAC).
The two presidents were welcomed at Impfondo airport by their Congolese counterpart, Denis Sassou Nguesso. President Déby is the current chairman of the Economic Community of Central African States (CEEAC).
The session under the theme, “Indigenous peoples, traditional know-how and green economy”, will see the inauguration and official handing over of FIPAC to CEEAC.
Congolese environmentalists Tuesday urged the heads of oil companies operating in the country to further reduce gas flaring to transaction with pollution-related risks facing people living in oil production areas
Though the oil companies were asked in 2012 to reduce flaring in Congo for the well-being of the people, only the Italian oil company, ENI, took a step in this direction, installing last year the very initial clean flare in Kouakouala site in the southern part of the country.
A Centre for education, training and learning is to be built in the Congolese capital, Brazzaville, at a cost of 935,777,435 FCFA (US$1.95 million), a government statement said Monday.
The six-building centre, to be built with the framework of the project to support the socio-economic integration of disadvantaged groups, will be co-funded by the African Development Bank (AfDB) and the Congolese government.
- Key Facts
Ambassador: H.E.Mr.Daniel Owassa
Full name: Republic of the Congo
Population: 4.1 million (UN, 2011)
Area: 342,000 sq km (132,047 sq miles)
Major languages: French, indigenous African languages
Major religions: Christianity, indigenous African beliefs
Life expectancy: 57 years (men), 59 years (women) (UN)
Monetary unit: 1 CFA (Communaute Financiere Africaine) franc = 100 centimes
Main exports: Oil, timber, plywood, sugar, cocoa, coffee, diamonds
GNI per capita: US $2,150 (World Bank, 2010)
Internet domain: .cg
International dialling code: +242
The country (Republic of the Congo) is situated in Western Africa, bordering the South Atlantic Ocean, between Angola and Gabon. It has borders with Angola for 201km, Congo (Kinshasa) for 2410km, Central African Republic for 467km, Cameroon for 523km and Gabon for 1903km. Land in Republic of the Congo is coastal plain, southern basin, central plateau, northern basin.
Congolese or Congo land covers an area of 342000 km².The climate is tropical with a rainy season (March to June) and a dry season (June to October), with persistent high temperatures and humidity; it is particularly enervating climate astride the Equator.
Congolese (singular and plural) speak French (official), Lingala and Monokutuba (lingua franca trade languages), a lot of local languages and dialects (of which Kikongo is the majority widespread).
Brazzaville is the capital and major city of the Republic of the Congo and is located on the Congo River. As of the 2001 census, it has a people of 1,018,541 in the city proper, and about 1.5 million in total when including the suburbs located in the Pool Region.The populous city of Kinshasa (additional than 10 million inhabitants in 2009),capital of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, lies just across the Congo River from Brazzaville.
President Denis Sassou-Nguesso
- China Africa Relation
- Construction projects
- Stock Market / Finance
- Congo Brazzaville News
- EVENT: Chadian president Idriss Déby and Beninese president Boni Yayi,
- ENVIRONMENT: Oil firms urged to further reduce gas flaring
- BANKING / INVESTMENT: AfDB will contribute 60 % of the total all while the Congolese government will contribute 40 %.
- EVENT: Forum in sub-Saharan Africa, tagged 'Build Africa', in Brazzaville, Congo,
- TRANSPORTATION: The Congolese government and the China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCCI)
- STOCK MARKET / FINANCE: 2014, Brazzaville tax revenues estimate will rise
- Trending Articles
- ZIMBABWE: Zimbabwe: Will Banks Benefit From Telecash Platform?
- AZERBAIJAN: Azerbaijan starts constructing resort in Montenegro
- BURUNDI: 'Sub-Saharan Africa is the global ‘hotspot’ for hidden hunger
- ANGOLA: Ministry of Energy and Water (Minea) construction of two new abstraction,
- NEPAL: Hydropower project killing river tourism in Nepal
- EUROPEAN UNION: inflation stabilized in Europe
- COMMUNICATION / ICT: Zimbabwe: Will Banks Benefit From Telecash Platform?
- CONSTRUCTION / INFRASTRUCTURE: Azerbaijan starts constructing resort in Montenegro
- SOCIAL / CSR: 'Sub-Saharan Africa is the global ‘hotspot’ for hidden hunger
- WATER: Ministry of Energy and Water (Minea) construction of two new abstraction,
- ENVIRONMENT: Hydropower project killing river tourism in Nepal
- STOCK MARKET / FINANCE: inflation stabilized in Europe