A university education may expand your mind. It will as well fatten your wallet. Data from the OECD, a club of rich nations, show that graduates can expect far better lifetime earnings than those without a degree.
The size of this premium varies. It is greatest in Ireland, which has a high GDP per chief and rising inequality. Since 2000 the unemployment rate for under-35s has swelled to 8% for those with degrees – but to additional than 20% for those without, and nearly 40% for secondary school drop-outs. The country’s wealth presently goes disproportionately to workers with letters next their names.
Africa is home to some of the world’s fastest-growing economies and one of the majority promising regions for international investment . This increase could be accelerated by addressing a fixable problem: lack of good data.
Reliable, accessible data plays a critical role in any economy.
Investors require data before making decisions, and the additional complete and up-to-date the data, the better their willingness to invest. Data as well helps public officials make sound decisions that promote increase and innovation, and enables citizens to hold government and business accountable.
The Pan African University Council has concluded its Second Ordinary Session at the AUC Headquarters in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The Council is the highest governing body of the PAU, an African Union flagship programme established to address quality, relevance and excellence in accordance with the Aspiration 1 of Schedule 2063.
The conference deliberated on a inventory of significant policy questions bordering on the implementation of a full-fledged university structure and network, inclunding budgetary, financial and administrative issues.
- Key Facts
Ambassador: H.E.Mr.Daniel Owassa
Full name: Republic of the Congo
Population: 4.1 million (UN, 2011)
Area: 342,000 sq km (132,047 sq miles)
Major languages: French, indigenous African languages
Major religions: Christianity, indigenous African beliefs
Life expectancy: 57 years (men), 59 years (women) (UN)
Monetary unit: 1 CFA (Communaute Financiere Africaine) franc = 100 centimes
Main exports: Oil, timber, plywood, sugar, cocoa, coffee, diamonds
GNI per capita: US $2,150 (World Bank, 2010)
Internet domain: .cg
International dialling code: +242
The country (Republic of the Congo) is situated in Western Africa, bordering the South Atlantic Ocean, between Angola and Gabon. It has borders with Angola for 201km, Congo (Kinshasa) for 2410km, Central African Republic for 467km, Cameroon for 523km and Gabon for 1903km. Land in Republic of the Congo is coastal plain, southern basin, central plateau, northern basin.
Congolese or Congo land covers an area of 342000 km².The climate is tropical with a rainy season (March to June) and a dry season (June to October), with persistent high temperatures and humidity; it is particularly enervating climate astride the Equator.
Congolese (singular and plural) speak French (official), Lingala and Monokutuba (lingua franca trade languages), a lot of local languages and dialects (of which Kikongo is the majority widespread).
The Republic of Congo is endowed with a wealth of assets that can be used to build a robust economy, improve the living standards of its people, and drive the economic increase of the sub-region.
Relationship between the People's Republic of China and the Republic of Congo (Congo) grew closer in 2013.
The two countries enjoyed frequent political exchanges and enhanced mutual trust. In March, President Xi Jinping paid a state visit to Congo. Also in March, President of Congo Denis Sassou-N'guesso sent a letter of congratulations to President Xi Jinping on his election as President of the People's Republic of China.
Brazzaville is the capital and major city of the Republic of the Congo and is located on the Congo River. As of the 2001 census, it has a people of 1,018,541 in the city proper, and about 1.5 million in total when including the suburbs located in the Pool Region.The populous city of Kinshasa (additional than 10 million inhabitants in 2009),capital of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, lies just across the Congo River from Brazzaville.
President Denis Sassou-Nguesso
- Banking / Investment
- China Africa Relation
- Construction projects
- Environment Projects
- Petroleum / Mining
- Construction / Infrastructure
- Congo Brazzaville News
- EDUCATION: Higher earning Why a university degree is worth more in some countries than others
- ECONOMY: Data can fuel Africa's economic growth
- EDUCATION: Pan African University Council Convenes in Second Ordinary Session
- SOCIAL / CSR: Congolese parties petition government to withdraw from the ICC
- CHINA AFRICA RELATION: Africans View China’s Presence on the Continent as Positive
- COMMUNICATION: 3 Ways Digital Technology Can Transform Africa Into a Global Power
- Trending Articles
- BURUNDI: Burundi: European Parliament Accuses Burundi Government of Human Rights Violations
- GHANA: Kweku Bedu-Addo, Chairman, Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE), on renewed investment prospects in the equities market
- KENYA: Fitch concerned about Kenya's public finances
- WORLD: In 2017, investors will need to reappraise how global economy works
- CANADA: Grounded tanker freed from Cape Breton shore
- CANADA: 'Apartheid system' of reserves to blame for Innu suicides
- GOVERNMENT: Burundi: European Parliament Accuses Burundi Government of Human Rights Violations
- STOCK MARKET / FINANCE: Kweku Bedu-Addo, Chairman, Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE), on renewed investment prospects in the equities market
- ECONOMY: Fitch concerned about Kenya's public finances
- STOCK MARKET / FINANCE: In 2017, investors will need to reappraise how global economy works
- AGRIBUSINESS / FOOD: Grounded tanker freed from Cape Breton shore
- SOCIAL / CSR: 'Apartheid system' of reserves to blame for Innu suicides