While Uber continues its push into Africa the company is making allowances to local markets and testing incomparable service models users wouldn’t see in other parts of the globe. Anyone can presently use the mobile app to hail a car in 12 cities across South Africa, Nigeria,Uganda, Kenya, Morocco and Egypt…. And in all of those nations users can pay drivers in hard cash.
The United Nations Children Emergency Fund (UNICEF) has disclosed that despite successes chalked in the fight against Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), a lot additional needed to be done particularly in Africa.
UNICEF’s Executive Director, Anthony Lake, revealed that adolescents were generally dying of AIDS at an alarming rate and that the disease remained the leading cause of death in Africa.
French oil company Total has decided to abandon its ‘‘Pointe-Noire Grand Fonds’‘ oil field in the Republic of Congo, citing the decrease in world oil prices, Jeune Afrique has reported.
According to Total officials, 15 to 20 million dollars had been spent on this project yearly which produces about 12,500 barrels per day.
- Key Facts
Ambassador: H.E.Mr.Daniel Owassa
Full name: Republic of the Congo
Population: 4.1 million (UN, 2011)
Area: 342,000 sq km (132,047 sq miles)
Major languages: French, indigenous African languages
Major religions: Christianity, indigenous African beliefs
Life expectancy: 57 years (men), 59 years (women) (UN)
Monetary unit: 1 CFA (Communaute Financiere Africaine) franc = 100 centimes
Main exports: Oil, timber, plywood, sugar, cocoa, coffee, diamonds
GNI per capita: US $2,150 (World Bank, 2010)
Internet domain: .cg
International dialling code: +242
The country (Republic of the Congo) is situated in Western Africa, bordering the South Atlantic Ocean, between Angola and Gabon. It has borders with Angola for 201km, Congo (Kinshasa) for 2410km, Central African Republic for 467km, Cameroon for 523km and Gabon for 1903km. Land in Republic of the Congo is coastal plain, southern basin, central plateau, northern basin.
Congolese or Congo land covers an area of 342000 km².The climate is tropical with a rainy season (March to June) and a dry season (June to October), with persistent high temperatures and humidity; it is particularly enervating climate astride the Equator.
Congolese (singular and plural) speak French (official), Lingala and Monokutuba (lingua franca trade languages), a lot of local languages and dialects (of which Kikongo is the majority widespread).
The Republic of Congo is endowed with a wealth of assets that can be used to build a robust economy, improve the living standards of its people, and drive the economic increase of the sub-region.
Gal Water Technologies Ltd. is backed by 20 years of experience in supplying water treatment systems for Industrial, Agricultural and Consumable water.
Relationship between the People's Republic of China and the Republic of Congo (Congo) grew closer in 2013.
The two countries enjoyed frequent political exchanges and enhanced mutual trust. In March, President Xi Jinping paid a state visit to Congo. Also in March, President of Congo Denis Sassou-N'guesso sent a letter of congratulations to President Xi Jinping on his election as President of the People's Republic of China.
At the same time as a statement by the world’s most influential development agency provides evidence that a lot of of its staff are “biased” in their perceptions of the poor and their needs, one may expect eyebrows to be raised. At the same time as the president of that institution — the World Bank, no less — acknowledges the flaw and goes on to call for “measures to mitigate these biases, such as additional rigorously diagnosing the mindsets of the people we are trying to help”, jaws should be dropping.
Brazzaville is the capital and major city of the Republic of the Congo and is located on the Congo River. As of the 2001 census, it has a people of 1,018,541 in the city proper, and about 1.5 million in total when including the suburbs located in the Pool Region.The populous city of Kinshasa (additional than 10 million inhabitants in 2009),capital of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, lies just across the Congo River from Brazzaville.
President Denis Sassou-Nguesso
- Banking / Investment
- Construction projects
- Environment Projects
- Petroleum / Mining
- Construction / Infrastructure
- Congo Brazzaville News
- TRANSPORTATION: As it expands in Africa, Uber adapts to local markets and adopts cash payments
- HEALTH: AIDS still number one cause of death in Africa
- ENERGY: Congo: Total abandons oil field citing decrease in global oil prices
- TRANSPORTATION: Routes Africa forum aims to improve African air connectivity
- BUSINESS / TRADE: Economic integration is helping boost trade and investment in Africa
- ECONOMY: Africa’s economic growth is likely to be slower in the intervening years
- Trending Articles
- SWITZERLAND: The Swiss Stock Market Finished Little Changed Ahead Of Fed Meeting
- UNITED STATES: It's the economy, stupid, united State
- INDIA: Sensex, Nifty Set For Subdued Start
- ISRAEL: Israeli PM to embark on historic Africa visit boosting diplomatic, economic ties
- TANZANIA: Tanzania’s economy is expected to grow by 20 basis points to 7.4 % in 2017.
- MIDDLE EAST: GCC introduction of VAT to create 5,000 new tax jobs
- STOCK MARKET / FINANCE: The Swiss Stock Market Finished Little Changed Ahead Of Fed Meeting
- ECONOMY: It's the economy, stupid, united State
- STOCK MARKET / FINANCE: Sensex, Nifty Set For Subdued Start
- BUSINESS / TRADE: Israeli PM to embark on historic Africa visit boosting diplomatic, economic ties
- ECONOMY: Tanzania’s economy is expected to grow by 20 basis points to 7.4 % in 2017.
- STOCK MARKET / FINANCE: GCC introduction of VAT to create 5,000 new tax jobs