PakistanCapital: Islamabad;Largest city: Karachi . GDP growth (annual %) 2012 :4.2%;
Turkish airlines will carry out the Islamabad-Istanbul-Baku flights, Azerbaijani Ambassador to Pakistan Dashkin Shikarov told Trend on Monday.
The agreement on resuming the air transportation between the two nations was completed as a result of Pakistani President Mamnoon Hussain's official visit to Azerbaijan in March, 2015.
The Habib Bank Limited (HBL) on Saturday said it has delivered a record post-tax profit of Rs 10 billion during initial quarter 2015, representing a increase of 63% over the same period last year.
As a result, earnings per share for the quarter increased to Rs6.73 as against Rs 4.12 for the initial quarter of 2014. Along with the results, the Board declared a quarterly dividend of Rs 3.50 per share.
This may include export, import, joint ventures or transfer of technical know-how.
The conference will start by 4:30pm on Monday at a hotel. An audio/skype presentation will as well take place with German organisation besides questions and answers session, said a press release here on Saturday.
- Key Facts
Ambassador :H.E.Mr.Masood Khalid
Full name: Islamic Republic of Pakistan
Population: 184.7 million (UN, 2010)
Area: 796,095 sq km (307,374 sq miles)
Major languages: English, Urdu, Punjabi, Sindhi, Pashto, Balochi
Major religion: Islam
Life expectancy: 65 years (men), 67 years (women) (UN)
Monetary unit: 1 Pakistani Rupee = 100 paisa
Main exports: Textile products, rice, cotton, leather goods
GNI per capita: US $1,050 (World Bank, 2010)
Internet domain: .pk
International dialling code: +92
The world has finally woken up to the magnitude of what is happening in China. Next months in which events in Europe overshadowed initial the puffing up and again the popping of China’s stock market bubble, daily oscillations on the country’s once-obscure stock exchanges are being blamed for everything from weak oil prices to falling emerging market currencies.
At the same time as a statement by the world’s most influential development agency provides evidence that a lot of of its staff are “biased” in their perceptions of the poor and their needs, one may expect eyebrows to be raised. At the same time as the president of that institution — the World Bank, no less — acknowledges the flaw and goes on to call for “measures to mitigate these biases, such as additional rigorously diagnosing the mindsets of the people we are trying to help”, jaws should be dropping.
The World Bank has cut its estimate for world increase, warning that the world economy remained overly reliant on the “single engine” of the US recovery.
The Bank said it expected lower oil prices to provide a boost to world activity. But it warned several headwinds would mitigate the result of the falling cost of crude. These include weak confidence part consumers and businesses and the inability of large central banks to cut interest rates below their record-low levels to boost inflation expectations.
At the same time as the new chief justice of Pakistan took oath of office on 12 December 2013 Pakistan completed an historic changeover during a year that saw the initial civilian government in 67 years complete its constitutionally mandated term. 2013 as well saw Pakistan get a new prime minister, president and chief of army staff. Perhaps no other country has experienced such a total change of its constitutional officers within a schedule year.
- Business / Trade
- Petroleum / Mining
- Banking / Investment
- Renewable energy
- Stock Market / Finance
- pakistan News
- TRANSPORTATION: Azerbaijan,Pakistan to have air flight
- BANKING / INVESTMENT: HBL profit surges 63% to record high
- BUSINESS / TRADE: GPTI arranges moot to facilitate Pak-German traders
- ECONOMY: Revised IMF forecasts signal gloom on global economic outlook
- SOCIAL / CSR: Oxfam Study Finds Richest 1% Is Likely to Control Half of Global Wealth by 2016
- PETROLEUM / MINING : TAPI member countries' state gas companies establish joint company
- Trending Articles
- GUINEA-BISSAU: Guinea-Bissau to launch public tender to build dry port
- LIBERIA: Liberian Senate Agrees to Privatize Energy Sector
- NIGERIA: Nigeria: Buhari - National ID Will Complement Voters Card
- SIERRA LEONE: President Koroma, the country has lost over 3,586 lives during the outbreak
- GHANA: The Ghana party gave pictorial evidence in support of its claim
- EUROPEAN UNION: EU to allocate 9.3 million euros to Uzbekistan
- INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS: Guinea-Bissau to launch public tender to build dry port
- ENERGY: Liberian Senate Agrees to Privatize Energy Sector
- COMMUNICATION / ICT: Nigeria: Buhari - National ID Will Complement Voters Card
- HEALTH: President Koroma, the country has lost over 3,586 lives during the outbreak
- GOVERNMENT: The Ghana party gave pictorial evidence in support of its claim
- BANKING / INVESTMENT: EU to allocate 9.3 million euros to Uzbekistan