PakistanCapital: Islamabad;Largest city: Karachi . GDP growth (annual %) 2014 :5.4%;
"We have finished 60 % of the initial-phase construction for the port's free zone, which is expected to be completed by the end of this year, one year before than we planned," Hu Yaozong, deputy general manager of the Gwadar Free Zone Company, told Xinhua in a recent interview.
Chinese engineers and their Pakistani counterparts are working around clock in the construction site with the hope of seeing the free zone is open to operation as early as possible.
The pledge came while visiting Chinese top political advisor Yu Zhengsheng met with Pakistani leaders on Wednesday and Thursday.
Yu, chairman of the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference(CPPCC) paid the visit at the invitation of Pakistani Senate Chairman Mian Raza Rabbani.
During his conference with Pakistani President Mamnoon Hussain on Thursday, Yu congratulated the Pakistani president on the 70th anniversary of his country's independence, hoping that Pakistan will achieve better progresses in national development.
A university education may expand your mind. It will as well fatten your wallet. Data from the OECD, a club of rich nations, show that graduates can expect far better lifetime earnings than those without a degree.
The size of this premium varies. It is greatest in Ireland, which has a high GDP per chief and rising inequality. Since 2000 the unemployment rate for under-35s has swelled to 8% for those with degrees – but to additional than 20% for those without, and nearly 40% for secondary school drop-outs. The country’s wealth presently goes disproportionately to workers with letters next their names.
- Key Facts
Ambassador :H.E.Mr.Masood KhalidFull name: Islamic Republic of Pakistan
Population: 184.7 million (UN, 2010)
Area: 796,095 sq km (307,374 sq miles)
Major languages: English, Urdu, Punjabi, Sindhi, Pashto, Balochi
Major religion: Islam
Life expectancy: 65 years (men), 67 years (women) (UN)
Monetary unit: 1 Pakistani Rupee = 100 paisa
Main exports: Textile products, rice, cotton, leather goods
GNI per capita: US $1,050 (World Bank, 2010)
Internet domain: .pk
International dialling code: +92
Without a doubt Britain’s decision to abandon the European project will be remembered globally as a wake-up call for political elites around the world. It seems the people chose to go against immediate economic interest and accept an extra financial turmoil in order to address deeply seated social and identity issues.
Although Asia’s exposure to the UK is relatively limited and this is not exactly a “Lehman Moment”, nonetheless we can expect a lively debate as policymakers in Asia look for an appropriate response to address the needs of vulnerable households.
Pakistan’s economy is fuelling growth across sectors, with its financial sector providing numerous opportunities for global investors
Pakistan’s revival in fortunes since the election of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has seen the country’s economy enjoy surging growth since 2013, with a multitude of opportunities for foreign investors now emerging.
On his flight back home from Kabul, Prime Minister Modi broke the journey at Lahore. This unusual drop off has become a subject for speculation. A Congress spokesman has said that the Indian country will have to pay heavily for the tea Modi had with Pakistan premier Nawaz Sharif at his family residence in Raiwaind.
As Pakistan’s economy gets back up to speed, the banking sector will continue to play a leading part in its recovery. In three years, the total price of assets held by the banking system has climbed from $116 billion to $147 billion
Alittle additional than two years next the initial-ever handover from one civilian government to an extra, the numbers coming out of the macroeconomic cruncher are confirming that Pakistan is back on course to sustainable increase. Business-friendly policies and reforms initiated by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s government have led some to compare Pakistan with Colombia as champions in the economic turnaround category, citing their stable governments, market-oriented reforms and manageable security situations.
At the same time as the new chief justice of Pakistan took oath of office on 12 December 2013 Pakistan completed an historic changeover during a year that saw the initial civilian government in 67 years complete its constitutionally mandated term. 2013 as well saw Pakistan get a new prime minister, president and chief of army staff. Perhaps no other country has experienced such a total change of its constitutional officers within a schedule year.
- Construction projects
- Petroleum / Mining
- Banking / Investment
- Infrastructure Projects
- Renewable energy
- Stock Market / Finance
- pakistan News
- CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS: Port co-built with China fuels Pakistan's economic engine
- BUSINESS / TRADE: China, Pakistan pledge to push forward all-weather strategic cooperative partnership
- EDUCATION: Higher earning Why a university degree is worth more in some countries than others
- CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS: China-Pak Economic Corridor: Why Gwadar Is An Overrated Port
- COMPANY: Pakistan keeps mum on $800m owed by UAE's Etisalat
- INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS: Pakistan working on Gwadar-China oil pipeline
- Trending Articles
- CHINA: Recovering Caterpillar set to fly with its Chinese partners
- EUROPE: G20 consensus on free trade
- SOUTH AFRICA: To save famous park’s rhino, dehorning being considered
- SOUTH AFRICA: David Meads David Meads is the vice-president Africa of Cisco.
- UNITED STATES: U.S. Retail Sales Dip 0.2% In March Amid Lower Auto Sales
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: Bond issuances set to continue in Sharjah this year
- COMPANY: Recovering Caterpillar set to fly with its Chinese partners
- BUSINESS / TRADE: G20 consensus on free trade
- ENVIRONMENT: To save famous park’s rhino, dehorning being considered
- COMMUNICATION / ICT: David Meads David Meads is the vice-president Africa of Cisco.
- RETAIL: U.S. Retail Sales Dip 0.2% In March Amid Lower Auto Sales
- BANKING / INVESTMENT: Bond issuances set to continue in Sharjah this year