PakistanCapital: Islamabad;Largest city: Karachi . GDP growth (annual %) 2014 :5.4%;
A university education may expand your mind. It will as well fatten your wallet. Data from the OECD, a club of rich nations, show that graduates can expect far better lifetime earnings than those without a degree.
The size of this premium varies. It is greatest in Ireland, which has a high GDP per chief and rising inequality. Since 2000 the unemployment rate for under-35s has swelled to 8% for those with degrees – but to additional than 20% for those without, and nearly 40% for secondary school drop-outs. The country’s wealth presently goes disproportionately to workers with letters next their names.
Having served in the Merchant Navy before joining the IAS, I can claim to have visited almost all the ports in the Persian Gulf, specially the oil terminals.
At the height of Iran-Iraq conflict, we were picking up crude from Kharg, an Iranian island in the upper reaches of the Gulf, which is its major oil export point, just as Ras Tanura is for Saudi Arabia. So I claim an expertise in the area of analysing ports, specially from the point of view of logistics, and through my present calling, I can as well presently lay claim to considerate a bit of the strategic compass.
he $800 million in arrears from the privatisation of Pakistan Telecommunication Limited are not mentioned in 2016-17 budget books, suggesting the government may have foregone the deficit in favour of the Dubai-based buyer.
The explanatory memorandum on the federal receipts book for the next fiscal 2016-17 is silent on the outstanding proceeds owed by Etisalat to Pakistan for buying 26% stakes in PTCL for several years presently.
- Key Facts
Ambassador :H.E.Mr.Masood KhalidFull name: Islamic Republic of Pakistan
Population: 184.7 million (UN, 2010)
Area: 796,095 sq km (307,374 sq miles)
Major languages: English, Urdu, Punjabi, Sindhi, Pashto, Balochi
Major religion: Islam
Life expectancy: 65 years (men), 67 years (women) (UN)
Monetary unit: 1 Pakistani Rupee = 100 paisa
Main exports: Textile products, rice, cotton, leather goods
GNI per capita: US $1,050 (World Bank, 2010)
Internet domain: .pk
International dialling code: +92
Without a doubt Britain’s decision to abandon the European project will be remembered globally as a wake-up call for political elites around the world. It seems the people chose to go against immediate economic interest and accept an extra financial turmoil in order to address deeply seated social and identity issues.
Although Asia’s exposure to the UK is relatively limited and this is not exactly a “Lehman Moment”, nonetheless we can expect a lively debate as policymakers in Asia look for an appropriate response to address the needs of vulnerable households.
Pakistan’s economy is fuelling growth across sectors, with its financial sector providing numerous opportunities for global investors
Pakistan’s revival in fortunes since the election of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has seen the country’s economy enjoy surging growth since 2013, with a multitude of opportunities for foreign investors now emerging.
On his flight back home from Kabul, Prime Minister Modi broke the journey at Lahore. This unusual drop off has become a subject for speculation. A Congress spokesman has said that the Indian country will have to pay heavily for the tea Modi had with Pakistan premier Nawaz Sharif at his family residence in Raiwaind.
As Pakistan’s economy gets back up to speed, the banking sector will continue to play a leading part in its recovery. In three years, the total price of assets held by the banking system has climbed from $116 billion to $147 billion
Alittle additional than two years next the initial-ever handover from one civilian government to an extra, the numbers coming out of the macroeconomic cruncher are confirming that Pakistan is back on course to sustainable increase. Business-friendly policies and reforms initiated by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s government have led some to compare Pakistan with Colombia as champions in the economic turnaround category, citing their stable governments, market-oriented reforms and manageable security situations.
At the same time as the new chief justice of Pakistan took oath of office on 12 December 2013 Pakistan completed an historic changeover during a year that saw the initial civilian government in 67 years complete its constitutionally mandated term. 2013 as well saw Pakistan get a new prime minister, president and chief of army staff. Perhaps no other country has experienced such a total change of its constitutional officers within a schedule year.
- Construction projects
- Petroleum / Mining
- Banking / Investment
- Infrastructure Projects
- Renewable energy
- Stock Market / Finance
- pakistan News
- EDUCATION: Higher earning Why a university degree is worth more in some countries than others
- CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS: China-Pak Economic Corridor: Why Gwadar Is An Overrated Port
- COMPANY: Pakistan keeps mum on $800m owed by UAE's Etisalat
- INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS: Pakistan working on Gwadar-China oil pipeline
- ENERGY: The privatization of Pakistan’s power sector Privatization and U.S. support put Pakistan on track towards 50,000 MW goal
- SOCIAL / CSR: Pakistanis hunt militants behind blast that killed at least 70
- Trending Articles
- CHINA: São Tomé and Príncipe should eventually become a member of Forum Macau
- EUROPEAN UNION: European Union supports agriculture in São Tomé and Príncipe
- NETHERLAND: Mozambican company starts exporting macadamia nuts
- CHINA: Chinese bank grants loan to Angola for construction of Soyo power plant
- CHINA: Macau receives 30 million visitors in 2016
- ANGOLA: Angola: Cinfotec to Train Over 3000 Citizens in 2017
- EVENT: São Tomé and Príncipe should eventually become a member of Forum Macau
- AGRICULTURE: European Union supports agriculture in São Tomé and Príncipe
- INDUSTRY: Mozambican company starts exporting macadamia nuts
- CONSTRUCTION / INFRASTRUCTURE: Chinese bank grants loan to Angola for construction of Soyo power plant
- TOURISM: Macau receives 30 million visitors in 2016
- INDUSTRY: Angola: Cinfotec to Train Over 3000 Citizens in 2017