Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and his Cape Verde counterpart Tolentino held talks on bilateral ties in Beijing Tuesday.
Wang said it was significant to China to cooperate with developing nations, as it believed in the principle that all nations, large or small, were equal.
Wang spoke highly of Cape Verde as its outlook on developing bilateral relationships was of a long-term and strategic view.
Wang and Tolentino agreed that both sides should deepen political mutual trust, safeguard the common interests of developing nations and strengthen international and regional affairs coordination.
The President of the African Development Bank Group and representatives from Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea and Côte d'Ivoire on October 1, 2014 in Abidjan signed loan and grant agreements worth US $152 million to fight back the Ebola crisis in West Africa.
The signing ceremony took place instantly next the Fight Back Ebola Budget Support Programme was approved before in the morning by the AfDB Group Board of Directors, in recognition of the urgent need for liquidities of the concerned nations.
The funds will be allocated to the three nations most impacted by the deadly virus: Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea, inclunding to Côte d'Ivoire as a preventive measure. The financial package consists of a loan of US $121 million and a grant of US $30 million (US $61 million for Liberia, US $50 million for Sierra Leone, US $32 million for Guinea, and US $9 million for Côte d'Ivoire).
The National Secretary for Food and Nutrition Security of Cape Verde, Osvaldo Chantre, told the Cape Verdean news agency (Inforpess), that the idea of the proposed law arose next members of the CPLP approved, in 2011, the Strategy for Food and Nutrition Security (ESAN-CPLP).
Mr. Chantre believes that the document had opened up new opportunities and challenges to promote food and nutrition security within the Community, stating that by 2015, a study would be launched to create the law devoted to the human right to Food.
- Key Facts
Ambassador : H.E Julio Morais
Full name: The Republic of Cape Verde
Population: 501,000 (UN, 2011)
Area: 4,033 sq km (1,557 sq miles)
Major languages: Portuguese, Crioulo (a mixture of archaic Portuguese and African words)
Major religions: Christianity
Life expectancy: 71 years (men), 78 years (women) (UN)
Monetary unit: 1 Cape Verdean escudo = 100 centavos
Main exports: Shoes, clothes, fish, bananas, hides, pozzolana (volcanic rock, used to make cement)
GNI per capita: US $3,270 (World Bank, 2010)
Internet domain: .cv
International dialling code: +238
Economic and trade cooperation between China and the Portuguese-speaking nations will be deepened, Chinese Vice Premier Wang Yang guaranteed on Tuesday in Macau, announcing an eight-point plan with specific measures to be implemented between 2014 and 2016.
In the opening speech of the fourth Ministerial Conference of Forum Macau, Wang said that the initial of those measures would be the Chinese government’s granting of subsidised loans worth 1.8 billion yuan (US$293 million) to the Portuguese-speaking African and Asian Forum member nations.
The climate is temperate with warm and dry summer; precipitation meager and very erratic.
Cape Verde to remain part the majority stable nations in Africa in 2012-13. Next internationally acclaimed presidential and parliamentary elections in 2011-which have led to a system of cohabitation with a parliamentary majority for the Partido Africano da Independência de Cabo Verde (PAICV) but the presidency held by Jorge Carlos Fonseca from the Movimento para a Democracia (MPD)-the country is presently moving towards municipal elections in May and June.
- Cape Verde Transportation Profile 2012
- Cabo Verde’s (Cape Verde’s) flagship airline Transportes Aéreos de Cabo Verde (TACV)
- A Chinese company has shown interest in the privatisation of Cabo Verde’s flagship airline
- Transportes Aéreos de Cabo Verde (TACV) is on the list of companies due to be privatised
- Regular shipping line between Brazil and Cabo Verde
- Petroleum / Mining
- Art / Culture
- Cape Verde News
- BUSINESS / TRADE: Wang said it was significant to China to cooperate with developing nations
- HEALTH: West African countries sign US $152 million Fight Back Ebola
- AGRICULTURE: Cape Verde, CPLP countries to create law on the right to food
- BUSINESS / TRADE: A Chinese business delegation was welcomed in Boa Vista Island ; Cabo Verde
- ECONOMY: The current programme of privatisations of public companies and services in Cabo Verde
- TRANSPORTATION: Cabo Verde’s (Cape Verde’s) flagship airline Transportes Aéreos de Cabo Verde (TACV)
- Trending Articles
- GEORGIA: Georgian official hints to meeting with Putin
- ISRAEL: Finance Minister Yair Lapid.
- CHINA: Kazakhstan to use Chinese port for int’l transportations
- ISRAEL: Leumi could sell Israel-Corp spinoff stake
- ISRAEL: The Rehovot-based company develops hair fiber optical digital reader technology.
- ISRAEL: "Smart Money" program helps Israeli exports
- BUSINESS / TRADE: Georgian official hints to meeting with Putin
- STOCK MARKET / FINANCE: Finance Minister Yair Lapid.
- TRANSPORTATION: Kazakhstan to use Chinese port for int’l transportations
- COMPANY: Leumi could sell Israel-Corp spinoff stake
- COMPANY: The Rehovot-based company develops hair fiber optical digital reader technology.
- BUSINESS / TRADE: "Smart Money" program helps Israeli exports