The National Secretary for Food and Nutrition Security of Cape Verde, Osvaldo Chantre, told the Cape Verdean news agency (Inforpess), that the idea of the proposed law arose next members of the CPLP approved, in 2011, the Strategy for Food and Nutrition Security (ESAN-CPLP).
Mr. Chantre believes that the document had opened up new opportunities and challenges to promote food and nutrition security within the Community, stating that by 2015, a study would be launched to create the law devoted to the human right to Food.
A Chinese business delegation was welcomed Thursday by the mayor of Cabo Verde’s (Cape Verde’s) Boa Vista Island, José Pinto Almeida, as part of a visit to the archipelago to find out about the market and its business opportunities, Cape Verdean weekly newspaper A Semana reported.
Inclunding the conference with the local authority team, the members of the Chinese delegation as well met with public and private bodies inclunding companies and tour operators to look into potential areas for investment .
Last April, during a visit by the Chinese ambassador, Su Jian, to Boa Vista, Pinto Almeida proposed the possibility of scheduling a visit by Chinese investors and businesspeople.
The current programme of privatisations of public companies and services in Cabo Verde (Cape Verde) will be concluded by the end of the current term of Prime Minister José Maria Neves, said Cabo Verde’s Minister for Finance and Planning, Cristina Duarte.
At a parliamentary debate on the second wave of privatisation, requested by government party PAICV, on Tuesday, the minister announced that Cabo Verde’s airline TACV and water and power company Electra would be the major companies that the government would privatise by the end of its current term in 2016.
The inventory as well includes port operations carried out by Enapor, airport operations by ASA, shipyard company Cabnave and the Stock Exchange.
- Key Facts
Ambassador : H.E Julio Morais
Full name: The Republic of Cape Verde
Population: 501,000 (UN, 2011)
Area: 4,033 sq km (1,557 sq miles)
Major languages: Portuguese, Crioulo (a mixture of archaic Portuguese and African words)
Major religions: Christianity
Life expectancy: 71 years (men), 78 years (women) (UN)
Monetary unit: 1 Cape Verdean escudo = 100 centavos
Main exports: Shoes, clothes, fish, bananas, hides, pozzolana (volcanic rock, used to make cement)
GNI per capita: US $3,270 (World Bank, 2010)
Internet domain: .cv
International dialling code: +238
Economic and trade cooperation between China and the Portuguese-speaking nations will be deepened, Chinese Vice Premier Wang Yang guaranteed on Tuesday in Macau, announcing an eight-point plan with specific measures to be implemented between 2014 and 2016.
In the opening speech of the fourth Ministerial Conference of Forum Macau, Wang said that the initial of those measures would be the Chinese government’s granting of subsidised loans worth 1.8 billion yuan (US$293 million) to the Portuguese-speaking African and Asian Forum member nations.
The climate is temperate with warm and dry summer; precipitation meager and very erratic.
Cape Verde to remain part the majority stable nations in Africa in 2012-13. Next internationally acclaimed presidential and parliamentary elections in 2011-which have led to a system of cohabitation with a parliamentary majority for the Partido Africano da Independência de Cabo Verde (PAICV) but the presidency held by Jorge Carlos Fonseca from the Movimento para a Democracia (MPD)-the country is presently moving towards municipal elections in May and June.
- Cape Verde Transportation Profile 2012
- Cabo Verde’s (Cape Verde’s) flagship airline Transportes Aéreos de Cabo Verde (TACV)
- A Chinese company has shown interest in the privatisation of Cabo Verde’s flagship airline
- Transportes Aéreos de Cabo Verde (TACV) is on the list of companies due to be privatised
- Regular shipping line between Brazil and Cabo Verde
- Petroleum / Mining
- Art / Culture
- Cape Verde News
- AGRICULTURE: Cape Verde, CPLP countries to create law on the right to food
- BUSINESS / TRADE: A Chinese business delegation was welcomed in Boa Vista Island ; Cabo Verde
- ECONOMY: The current programme of privatisations of public companies and services in Cabo Verde
- TRANSPORTATION: Cabo Verde’s (Cape Verde’s) flagship airline Transportes Aéreos de Cabo Verde (TACV)
- BANKING / INVESTMENT: Japan has donated US$194,000 to the Cabo Verde (Cape Verde) g
- BUSINESS / TRADE: The Cape Verdian president, Jorge Carlos Fonseca,
- Trending Articles
- NIGERIA: World Bank partnership strategy . Nigeria's development
- GUINEA: The recent recognition of Guinea, at a conference in Mexico,
- CENTRAL AFRICA REPUBLIC: Escalating violence in Central African Republic threatens aid delivery
- TURKEY: Turkish economy outlook uncertain for second half of 2011
- AFRICA: Southern Africa: SADC to Benefit From African Infrastructure Programme
- TANZANIA: Tanzania’s Diaspora return to roots
- BANKING / INVESTMENT: World Bank partnership strategy . Nigeria's development
- ECONOMY: The recent recognition of Guinea, at a conference in Mexico,
- SOCIAL / CSR: Escalating violence in Central African Republic threatens aid delivery
- ECONOMY: Turkish economy outlook uncertain for second half of 2011
- CONSTRUCTION / INFRASTRUCTURE: Southern Africa: SADC to Benefit From African Infrastructure Programme
- SOCIAL / CSR: Tanzania’s Diaspora return to roots