Africa > West Africa > Cote d'Ivoire > Abidjan > Sanitary and urban Equipment

Abidjan: Sanitary and urban Equipment

2012/12/30

COUNTRY: Ivory Coast

Category: Sanitary and urban Equipment

TIME: To be determined

PRESENTATION

The slaughterhouse of Port-Bouet achieved in 1957 is outdated and overused. He no longer meets current needs of the population. The need to build a new plant in a more conducive environment is needed.

Studies of different siting of new Abattoir Abidjan have chosen a field of 50 ha, located north of the town of Anyama, 25 km from Abidjan.

The reasons for choosing this site are as follows:

Possibility of adjusting the size of the field.
Easy realization of a rail connection from the new station Anyama.
Direct access to the new road Agboville along the ground to the west.
Relative remoteness from urban areas Anyama, which are thus sheltered from the prevailing winds.
Proximity to a medium-voltage line.
Possibility of creating an area of ​​200 ha of pasture.
Presence of a water supply.
The future slaughterhouse Abidjan is actually a complex Slaughterhouse - cattle market, which must meet in all respects with health standards.

Industrial facilities Slaughterhouse itself occupy about 10 ha of the 50 ha to be developed.

 

For more information please contact info@globserver.com

Related Articles
  • Slavery scandal overshadows EU-Africa summit

    2017/11/30 Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara demanded action Wednesday to combat migrant slave trading in Libya, as the issue dominated a Europe-Africa summit meant to focus on long-term increase and stability. The summit comes just two weeks after US network CNN aired footage of black Africans sold as slaves in Libya, sparking outrage from political leaders and street protests in African and European capitals.   Summit host Ouattara lashed slavery as a "wretched drama which recalls the worst hours of human history." "I would like to appeal to our sense of responsibility to take all urgent measures to put an end to that practice, which belongs to an extra age," he said, opening the gathering of 55 African Union and 28 European Union nations in Ivory Coast's economic capital.
  • Côte d’Ivoire banking sector preparing for Basel II and III

    2017/11/11 Banque d’Abidjan (BDA) became the new lender to open its doors in Côte d’Ivoire, bringing the total number of financial players in the country to 28 on September 5. Its launch took place against a backdrop of sweeping reforms being implemented across the sector as Côte d’Ivoire prepares to meet the capital standards’ requirements of Basel II and III. BDA is a subsidiary of the Société Ivoirienne des Finances Holding, a joint venture for Senegal’s Banque de Dakar Group, which has an 80% stake in the lender, and the country’s national-owned mail carrier, La Poste, which owns the remaining 20%.
  • Namibia Scraps Visas for Africans

    2017/11/01 Namibia has gotten the ball rolling on plans to scrap visa requirements for African passport holders next Cabinet authorised the implementation of this process - to be carried out in line with diplomatic procedures. Namibia will any minute at this time start issuing African passport holders with visas on arrival at ports of entry as a initial step towards the eventual abolition of all visa requirements for all Africans.
  • Africa: Experts Explore Infrastructure and Cooperation to Improve Lives

    2017/11/01 Addis Ababa — African economies require structural transformation to attain sustained increase that trickles down to all its peoples, an official from the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) told experts gathered at the organization’s Ethiopian headquarters. Soteri Gatera, who heads the ECA’s Industrialization and Infrastructure Section, says only such “inclusive” economic increase will help resolve the “persistent social economic problems” Africa faces.
  • Africa's last international banks make their stand

    2017/10/31 On June 1, 2017, Barclays sold a 33.7% stake in its African business, Barclays Africa Group Limited (BAGL). The transaction reduced the UK lender’s stake in its African offshoot to 14.9% and permitted, in accounting terms, the deconsolidation of BAGL from its parent. Additional symbolically, it brought to an end Barclays’ operations on the continent next additional than 100 years. The rise of Africa’s home-grown financial players has led most international lenders to withdraw from the continent. However, Société Générale and Standard Chartered are not only staying put but marking territory for digital expansion. James King reports.