Retail in South America

• Brazil Retail Sales Rise More Than Forecast In August

BOLIVIA, 2014/10/15 Brazil's retail sales rose additional-than-expected in August, next declining in previous two months, figures from the statistical office IBGE revealed Wednesday. Retail sales grew 1.1 % from July, at the same time as they fell 1 %, revised from 1.1 %. Economists had estimate a 0.8 % increase. Year-on-year, retail sales fell for a second straight month, down 1.1 % in August. Economists had estimate a 1.2 % decline. In July, sales dropped 0.9 %.
  • Argentina imposes 'voluntary' price agreement

ARGENTINA, 2013/12/26 The move echoes a 60-day price freeze on mass market supermarket items last February that failed to slow the country's heavy inflation. “We agreed on a basket of major consumer products,” Argentine Commerce Secretary Augustin Costa told reporters at a press conference, reporting on the accord between the Economy Ministry and the large supermarket chains and their suppliers. So far, some 175 products, inclunding meat, fruits, vegetables, beverages, cleaning and sanitary products are on the inventory, which should from presently on grow to 200 items.
  • Brazil's indebted shoppers

BRAZIL, 2013/02/23 As Fernanda Castro waits in line to pay for a new blender at a store in a Sao Paulo shantytown, the hairdresser recounts horror stories of friends who fell into deficit and struggled to get out. "I don't want that to happen to me," she said. "I avoid using the credit card presently. I'm afraid of it."
  • Brazil's retail sales

BRAZIL, 2012/12/22 Brazil's retail sales increase accelerated additional than economists expected in October, data released by statistical office IBGE showed Thursday. Retail sales volume increased a seasonally adjusted 0.8 % month-on-month in October, slightly faster than the 0.7 % gain economists estimate. In September, sales had increased 0.3 % sequentially.
  • Brazil Oct. Retail Sales Growth Quickens More Than Expected

BRAZIL, 2012/12/15 Brazil's retail sales increase accelerated extra than economists expected in October, data released by statistical office IBGE showed Thursday. Retail sales volume increased a seasonally adjusted 0.8 % month-on-month in October, slightly faster than the 0.7 % gain economists estimate. In September, sales had increased 0.3 % sequentially. Driving the in general increase, sales of computer, office supplies and communication equipment climbed 18.4 % month-on-month, while sales of motor vehicles, parts and accessories advanced 13.3 %.