France: Emirates as Official Partner of the Roland Garros tournament
Emirates, one of the world’s fastest growing airlines and Roland Garros have announced a five-year agreement appointing Emirates as Official Partner of the Roland Garros tournament® starting with the 2013 edition from May 21st to June 9th, 2013.
The announcement was revealed today by Tim Clark, President Emirates Airline and Jean Gachassin, President of the French Federation of Tennis, during a press conference held in Roland Garros Stadium in Paris.
“Appropriately named next famed French aviation pioneer and tennis supporter, Roland Garros, this tournament is a natural extension of our existing tennis sponsorship portfolio. Watched by millions around the globe this acclaimed clay court championship is the perfect platform with which to align our brand,” said Mr. Clark.
“The world following for tennis is extensive. You don’t have to play tennis to be a fan of and appreciate the dedication needed to be one of the world’s best players. It is our own appreciation of this sport that has been the catalyst behind our various world tennis sponsorships, inclunding two of the Grand Slam tennis events.”
“We are particularly delighted and as well proud to welcome an international brand such as Emirates amongst our official partners,” said Jean Gachassin, President of the French Federation of Tennis. “The arrival of Emirates fits in perfectly with our development and partnership strategy of aiming to expand our world reach. And of course what better association, between the French Open which is named next Roland Garros a pioneer in the world of aviation – and one of the world’s foremost airlines.”
As part of the partnership, Emirates will benefit from significant branding of the Centre court Philippe-Chatrier, inclunding panels on competition courts. In addition to a private lounge for Emirates guests at the Roland-Garros Village and boxes along the courts, Emirates will as well have a dedicated area to welcome the general public in the RG Lab, the popular Fan Zone area.
Emirates’ sponsorship of Roland Garros is the airline’s third tennis sponsorship in Europe next the Internazionali BNL d’Italia (Italian Open) announced last year and the Barcelona Open revealed in March 2013.
Other major tennis competitions sponsored by Emirates around the world include; the US Open, the Rogers Cup, BNP Paribas Open and the Dubai business Free Tennis Championship. Emirates is as well the Official Airline of the ATP World Tour and sponsor of Emirates ATP rankings.
In France, Emirates has been the shirt sponsor of current league leaders Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) since 2006 and has sponsored the Alstom Open since 2010.
Emirates currently offers 32 weekly flights to France, with 20 flights per week from Paris inclunding a double daily A380 service, a daily flight to Nice and five flights per week to Lyon. With 200 aircraft in its fleet, Emirates currently flies to 132 destinations in 77 nations.
- Related Articles
- France News
- ISRAEL: The Rehovot-based company develops hair fiber optical digital reader technology.
- FRANCE: Swedish King and Queen tour Airbus during state visit
- FRANCE: Cooperation between Algeria and France is "absolutely exemplary"
- FRANCE: France: central bank sees fourth-quarter GDP growth of 0.1%
- FRANCE: Air France announced on Sunday evening that its 14-day-long strike...
- FRANCE: The European Central Bank cannot re-launch increase in Europe
- Trending Articles
- ISRAEL: Israeli design house spreads smiles worldwide
- ISRAEL: Report estimates Royee gas prospect at 3.2 TCF
- JORDAN: Buying Israeli gas will save the Jordanian economy$1.5 billion a year.
- ARMENIA: baku, Tirana sign gas deal
- TURKEY: Erdoğan risks path to economic depression
- COLOMBIA: Colombia Farc rebels declare indefinite unilateral truce
- REAL ESTATE: Israeli design house spreads smiles worldwide
- PETROLEUM / MINING : Report estimates Royee gas prospect at 3.2 TCF
- PETROLEUM / MINING : Buying Israeli gas will save the Jordanian economy$1.5 billion a year.
- PETROLEUM / MINING : baku, Tirana sign gas deal
- ECONOMY: Erdoğan risks path to economic depression
- GOVERNMENT: Colombia Farc rebels declare indefinite unilateral truce