Africa > West Africa > Liberia > Stock Market / Finance

Stock Market / Finance in Liberia

• Liberia: The World Bank Group Sign U.S.$ 13.2 Million Agreements

LIBERIA, 2016/02/27 The World Bank Group and the Government of Liberia have signed two financing agreements totaling US$13.25, 000.00. The agreements are geared towards providing apprenticeships to vulnerable youth in urban areas and to support agricultural transformation and price chain addition, using productive public works and community-driven development approaches particularly for youth in rural areas. The two financing agreements are the Youth Opportunities Project in the all of US$ 10M from the International Development Association (IDA) as credit and the Emergency Monrovia Urban Sanitation (EMUS) project totaling US$3.25 as grant.
  • Lagarde at the Conclusion of Visit to Liberia

LIBERIA, 2015/09/12 Ms. Christine Lagarde, Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), issued the following statement today in Monrovia at the conclusion of her visit to Liberia: “My visit to Liberia has been extremely fruitful and informative, and I am grateful for the warm hospitality I received from everyone I met. I wish to thank President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and the Liberian authorities, inclunding members of the Liberian Legislature, for our constructive and substantive discussions. I as well had the honor to address a broad cross-section of the Liberian community, inclunding students and members of civil society, and to meet with women leaders and representatives of the private sector. I was heartened to visit the Young Women Christian Association, which has demonstrated a deep commitment to supporting Liberia’s most vulnerable citizens at a time of crisis.
  • London eyes dual listings on west African capital markets

BENIN, 2015/05/10 Following on from partnerships and dual listings with a number of African capital markets, the London Stock Exchange (LSE) is looking to foster dual listings with the West African regional exchange. “We are looking to attract and encourage dual listings,” Ibukun Adebayo, co-chief of emerging markets at the LSE Group, tells This Is Africa during an event on west African capital markets. “Listing with the LSE provides profile and additional liquidity in nations promoting dual listings.”
  • Ellen Seeks Ratification On U.S.$19 Million Loan Deal in Liberia

LIBERIA, 2014/06/16 President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf Tuesday submitted a bill to the Liberian Senate requesting that body to ratify a loan agreement on behalf of the Government and the International Development Association (IDA) for infrastructure development purposes. The communication from the Liberian leader which was read in plenary, pointed out that agreement in the all of US$19 million seeks to support government efforts through the pavement of streets in Monrovia, the reconstruction of a new bridge linking Caldwell to Bushord Island, part others. However, the duration for the payment of the loan coupled with the financial impact assessment was not made known in the president's communication.
  • business houses to the Magisterial Court in Tubmanburg for failure to pay government taxes.

LIBERIA, 2014/02/23 The City Corporation of Tubmanburg in Bomi County has dragged 103 business houses to the Magisterial Court in Tubmanburg for failure to pay government taxes. Tubmanburg City Mayor, Rebecca Benson, said the businesses violated Article VI, Sections One and Two of the Ordinance of the Municipal Corporation of Tubmanburg City. Speaking to the Liberia News Agency in an interview Tuesday in her City Hall office, Mayor Benson said the businesses have refused to pay the stipulated tax ranging from US$100 to US$550, as provided for in the City Ordinance.