Asia > Central Asia > Kyrgyzstan > Petroleum / Mining

Petroleum / Mining in Kyrgyzstan

• Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan's strategic partner in building gas pipeline to China

CHINA, 2014/11/12 Turkmenistan views Kyrgyzstan as a strategic partner in the construction of a new gas pipeline to China, Turkmen President Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov said next talks with his Kyrgyz counterpart Almazbek Atambayev, who is on a two-day official visit to Ashgabat, a source close to the negotiations told Trend Agency on November 11. "We view Kyrgyzstan as a strategic partner in the construction of a new pipeline route called Turkmenistan-Uzbekistan-Tajikistan-Kyrgyzstan-China," Berdymukhamedov noted.
  • Kyrgyzstan to enforce regulation on coal prices

KYRGYZSTAN, 2014/11/05 Kyrgyzstan will enforce a national regulation on coal prices in the country, Trend Agency reported on November 4 quoting the Kyrgyz government. The decree on application of the national regulation on coal prices in the Kyrgyz territory was signed by Prime Minister Joomart Otorbayev to monitor the prices in the market of production and sale of coal and to curb the increase of prices in the secondary market. The document as well envisages creation of a mechanism for national regulation of prices, which will be implemented in short terms. The ultimate level of coal prices will be determined for each region of the country, which will provide the people with fuel at reasonable prices during the heating season of 2014-2015.
  • Kyrgyzstan declares emergency after gold mine clashes

KYRGYZSTAN, 2013/06/01 Kyrgyzstan on Friday declared a national of emergency next bloody clashes between security forces and protesters over the arrests of dozens of demonstrators who cut off power to a Canadian-owned gold mine they want nationalised. Prosecutors said that 92 people were arrested at the same time as security forces moved in to disperse the turmoil over the Kumtor mine, retake control of an electrical substation and dismantle their tents.
  • Gazprom Buys Kyrgyz Gas Firm

KYRGYZSTAN, 2013/01/01 Kyrgyzstan’s deficit ridden national owned gas firm Kyrgyzgaz has been bought by Russian gas giant Gazprom for $1, Associated Press has reported.