Retail in Brazil

• Brazil's indebted shoppers

BRAZIL, 2013/02/23 As Fernanda Castro waits in line to pay for a new blender at a store in a Sao Paulo shantytown, the hairdresser recounts horror stories of friends who fell into deficit and struggled to get out. "I don't want that to happen to me," she said. "I avoid using the credit card presently. I'm afraid of it."
  • Brazil's retail sales

BRAZIL, 2012/12/22 Brazil's retail sales increase accelerated additional than economists expected in October, data released by statistical office IBGE showed Thursday. Retail sales volume increased a seasonally adjusted 0.8 % month-on-month in October, slightly faster than the 0.7 % gain economists estimate. In September, sales had increased 0.3 % sequentially.
  • Brazil Oct. Retail Sales Growth Quickens More Than Expected

BRAZIL, 2012/12/15 Brazil's retail sales increase accelerated extra than economists expected in October, data released by statistical office IBGE showed Thursday. Retail sales volume increased a seasonally adjusted 0.8 % month-on-month in October, slightly faster than the 0.7 % gain economists estimate. In September, sales had increased 0.3 % sequentially. Driving the in general increase, sales of computer, office supplies and communication equipment climbed 18.4 % month-on-month, while sales of motor vehicles, parts and accessories advanced 13.3 %.