Bangladesh: The national flower, the water lily, features in the heart of Dhaka’s business district, Motijheel
One of the great success stories for Bangladesh Bank and the Ministry of Finance has been the successful implementation of a thriving micro-finance sector. The entrepreneurial spirit runs deep in Bangladesh and micro-financing is helping some of the country’s 1 million SMEs and small entrepreneurs to get their businesses moving – vital to the economy considering that 90 % of private businesses in Bangladesh are SMEs.
According to the Ministry, GDP increase during the current fiscal time(2012-13) is 6.03 %. Inflation is witnessing a downward trend, standing at 7.09 % (April 2013), compared to 9.93 % in the same month last year.
- Related Articles
- Bangladesh News
- BANGLADESH: Pahela Baishakh celebrated more visibly after independence
- BANGLADESH: HSBC, a trusted familiar face and name
- BANGLADESH: PM seeks Brunei’s investment in Bangladesh
- BANGLADESH: The Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA)
- BANGLADESH: Moody's Bangladesh rating outlook stable with risks
- BANGLADESH: Microfinance institutions' (MFIs) s' funding capability increases remarkably
- Trending Articles
- GEORGIA: Georgian official hints to meeting with Putin
- ISRAEL: Finance Minister Yair Lapid.
- CHINA: Kazakhstan to use Chinese port for int’l transportations
- GHANA: Ghana, Togo sign cross-border project for drinking water
- UGANDA: Liquid Telecom to extend the firm's fibre cable infrastructure across Kampala's
- WORLD: Guess What Happened The Last Time The Price Of Oil Crashed Like This
- BUSINESS / TRADE: Georgian official hints to meeting with Putin
- STOCK MARKET / FINANCE: Finance Minister Yair Lapid.
- TRANSPORTATION: Kazakhstan to use Chinese port for int’l transportations
- WATER: Ghana, Togo sign cross-border project for drinking water
- COMMUNICATION / ICT: Liquid Telecom to extend the firm's fibre cable infrastructure across Kampala's
- PETROLEUM / MINING : Guess What Happened The Last Time The Price Of Oil Crashed Like This