Bangladesh: The national flower, the water lily, features in the heart of Dhaka’s business district, Motijheel
One of the great success stories for Bangladesh Bank and the Ministry of Finance has been the successful implementation of a thriving micro-finance sector. The entrepreneurial spirit runs deep in Bangladesh and micro-financing is helping some of the country’s 1 million SMEs and small entrepreneurs to get their businesses moving – vital to the economy considering that 90 % of private businesses in Bangladesh are SMEs.
According to the Ministry, GDP increase during the current fiscal time(2012-13) is 6.03 %. Inflation is witnessing a downward trend, standing at 7.09 % (April 2013), compared to 9.93 % in the same month last year.
- Related Articles
- Bangladesh News
- BANGLADESH: Pahela Baishakh celebrated more visibly after independence
- BANGLADESH: HSBC, a trusted familiar face and name
- BANGLADESH: PM seeks Brunei’s investment in Bangladesh
- BANGLADESH: The Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA)
- BANGLADESH: Moody's Bangladesh rating outlook stable with risks
- BANGLADESH: Microfinance institutions' (MFIs) s' funding capability increases remarkably
- Trending Articles
- ISRAEL: Israeli hotel wins major tourism prize
- ISRAEL: Asian startup accelerator in Israel
- CROATIA: Croatia: recession continues,GDP down 0.8% in second quarter
- ISRAEL: Slime is making millions of people sick every year.
- ISRAEL: A new high-tech center is emerging in Israel in the ancient Israeli-Arab city of Nazareth.
- NIGERIA: Akwa Ibom Acquires 14, 900 Hectares of Land for Seaport Nigeria
- TOURISM: Israeli hotel wins major tourism prize
- COMPANY: Asian startup accelerator in Israel
- ECONOMY: Croatia: recession continues,GDP down 0.8% in second quarter
- AGRICULTURE: Slime is making millions of people sick every year.
- ECONOMY: A new high-tech center is emerging in Israel in the ancient Israeli-Arab city of Nazareth.
- CONSTRUCTION / INFRASTRUCTURE: Akwa Ibom Acquires 14, 900 Hectares of Land for Seaport Nigeria