Bangladesh: The national flower, the water lily, features in the heart of Dhaka’s business district, Motijheel
One of the great success stories for Bangladesh Bank and the Ministry of Finance has been the successful implementation of a thriving micro-finance sector. The entrepreneurial spirit runs deep in Bangladesh and micro-financing is helping some of the country’s 1 million SMEs and small entrepreneurs to get their businesses moving – vital to the economy considering that 90 % of private businesses in Bangladesh are SMEs.
According to the Ministry, GDP increase during the current fiscal time(2012-13) is 6.03 %. Inflation is witnessing a downward trend, standing at 7.09 % (April 2013), compared to 9.93 % in the same month last year.
- Related Articles
- Bangladesh News
- AFGHANISTAN: Revised IMF forecasts signal gloom on global economic outlook
- AFGHANISTAN: Oxfam Study Finds Richest 1% Is Likely to Control Half of Global Wealth by 2016
- BANGLADESH: Pahela Baishakh celebrated more visibly after independence
- BANGLADESH: HSBC, a trusted familiar face and name
- BANGLADESH: PM seeks Brunei’s investment in Bangladesh
- BANGLADESH: The Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA)
- Trending Articles
- CHINA: Russia Prepares amid Greek and China Crises
- FINLAND: Tsipras has not only agreed to all the terms he before called "blackmail",
- MOLDOVA: Moldova: Pondering Unification with Romania?
- CHINA: Germany's Export Nation: We're #2! (behind China)
- SOUTH AFRICA: SA is making progress on making initiation schools safer
- TAJIKISTAN : Tajikistan's trade turnover decreases
- STOCK MARKET / FINANCE: Russia Prepares amid Greek and China Crises
- ECONOMY: Tsipras has not only agreed to all the terms he before called "blackmail",
- ECONOMY: Moldova: Pondering Unification with Romania?
- BUSINESS / TRADE: Germany's Export Nation: We're #2! (behind China)
- EDUCATION: SA is making progress on making initiation schools safer
- BUSINESS / TRADE: Tajikistan's trade turnover decreases