Bangladesh: The national flower, the water lily, features in the heart of Dhaka’s business district, Motijheel
One of the great success stories for Bangladesh Bank and the Ministry of Finance has been the successful implementation of a thriving micro-finance sector. The entrepreneurial spirit runs deep in Bangladesh and micro-financing is helping some of the country’s 1 million SMEs and small entrepreneurs to get their businesses moving – vital to the economy considering that 90 % of private businesses in Bangladesh are SMEs.
According to the Ministry, GDP increase during the current fiscal time(2012-13) is 6.03 %. Inflation is witnessing a downward trend, standing at 7.09 % (April 2013), compared to 9.93 % in the same month last year.
- Related Articles
- Bangladesh News
- AFGHANISTAN: Higher earning Why a university degree is worth more in some countries than others
- AFGHANISTAN: Global growth will be disappointing in 2016: IMF's Lagarde
- BANGLADESH: Bangladesh fires up large-scale solar to boost power generation
- BANGLADESH: President Vladimir Putin shakes hands with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- BANGLADESH: Bangladeshi activists campaigning for capital punishment, Dhaka, Bangladesh,
- AFGHANISTAN: Revised IMF forecasts signal gloom on global economic outlook
- Trending Articles
- CHINA: Recovering Caterpillar set to fly with its Chinese partners
- EUROPE: G20 consensus on free trade
- SOUTH AFRICA: To save famous park’s rhino, dehorning being considered
- SOUTH AFRICA: David Meads David Meads is the vice-president Africa of Cisco.
- UNITED STATES: U.S. Retail Sales Dip 0.2% In March Amid Lower Auto Sales
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: Bond issuances set to continue in Sharjah this year
- COMPANY: Recovering Caterpillar set to fly with its Chinese partners
- BUSINESS / TRADE: G20 consensus on free trade
- ENVIRONMENT: To save famous park’s rhino, dehorning being considered
- COMMUNICATION / ICT: David Meads David Meads is the vice-president Africa of Cisco.
- RETAIL: U.S. Retail Sales Dip 0.2% In March Amid Lower Auto Sales
- BANKING / INVESTMENT: Bond issuances set to continue in Sharjah this year