Poland: Poland Communication Profile 2012
Poland Communication Profile 2012
Poland - Convergence - Triple Play & Digital TV
Poland's broadcasting market is transforming under the weight of competition and technological convergence; Broadcasting network operators and telecom service providers have launched competing triple play offerings. Digital TV is widely available via cable, satellite, broadband TV (IPTV) and terrestrial TV; with a number of new market entrants.
Poland - Key Statistics, Regulatory & Fixed Line Telecoms
Poland's developing telecom market has been the basis of the country's impressive growth in the broadband, convergence and mobile markets.
Poland - Mobile Market
Poland possesses a well developed mobile market with high mobile ownership levels although penetration levels suggest multiple SIM card ownership. Four mobile network operators offer services along with a number of mobile virtual network operators.
Average Revenue per User levels have stabilised after falling in recent years due to retail tariff competition and the uptake of mobile services by lower spending consumer segments of the market. Also placing pressure on ARPU levels are regulatory-enforced cuts in mobile termination rates for all three SMP mobile network operators. All four mobile network operators offer 3G services, with mobile broadband and content seen as the next growth market given low penetration of existing mobile data services.
- Poland News
- POLAND: Polish tractors ploughing a furrow to Africa
- POLAND: Poland Q4 GDP Growth Accelerates More Than Forecast
- POLAND: Juncker and Szydlo tried to calm tensions
- ALBANIA: Europe in 2016: Terror fears, migration, politics. But economy may turn a corner
- AFGHANISTAN: Global growth will be disappointing in 2016: IMF's Lagarde
- POLAND: The Leningrad Region and Poland to joint tourist routes
- Trending Articles
- SOUTH SUDAN: Peacebuilding and Literacy through Tech Innovation
- SOUTH AFRICA: Intra-Africa Trade and Investment Key to the Growth of Africa
- SOUTH AFRICA: AU Commission Chair, Dr Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma to address Africa Editors Forum and Press Officers Engagement in Pretoria
- UNITED STATES: USAID’s goals of attracting investment and increasing food security in northern Ghana
- UNITED KINGDOM: Liam Fox says UK must accept 'the world does not owe us a living'
- SERBIA: Belgrade's Artistic Salon Returns with Love Theme
- EDUCATION: Peacebuilding and Literacy through Tech Innovation
- BUSINESS / TRADE: Intra-Africa Trade and Investment Key to the Growth of Africa
- EVENT: AU Commission Chair, Dr Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma to address Africa Editors Forum and Press Officers Engagement in Pretoria
- AGRIBUSINESS / FOOD: USAID’s goals of attracting investment and increasing food security in northern Ghana
- ECONOMY: Liam Fox says UK must accept 'the world does not owe us a living'
- ART / CULTURE: Belgrade's Artistic Salon Returns with Love Theme