Poland: Poland Communication Profile 2012
Poland Communication Profile 2012
Poland - Convergence - Triple Play & Digital TV
Poland's broadcasting market is transforming under the weight of competition and technological convergence; Broadcasting network operators and telecom service providers have launched competing triple play offerings. Digital TV is widely available via cable, satellite, broadband TV (IPTV) and terrestrial TV; with a number of new market entrants.
Poland - Key Statistics, Regulatory & Fixed Line Telecoms
Poland's developing telecom market has been the basis of the country's impressive growth in the broadband, convergence and mobile markets.
Poland - Mobile Market
Poland possesses a well developed mobile market with high mobile ownership levels although penetration levels suggest multiple SIM card ownership. Four mobile network operators offer services along with a number of mobile virtual network operators.
Average Revenue per User levels have stabilised after falling in recent years due to retail tariff competition and the uptake of mobile services by lower spending consumer segments of the market. Also placing pressure on ARPU levels are regulatory-enforced cuts in mobile termination rates for all three SMP mobile network operators. All four mobile network operators offer 3G services, with mobile broadband and content seen as the next growth market given low penetration of existing mobile data services.
- Poland News
- POLAND: The Leningrad Region and Poland to joint tourist routes
- BELARUS: Minsk as a Preferred Transit Hub
- ITALY: Rosneft, Pirelli and Synthos Future Cooperation Potential of Synthetic Rubber
- BELARUS: Why Belarusians Prefer to Shop in Poland and Lithuania?
- POLAND: Poland's PKP Cargo eyes Czech Unipetrol's freight unit
- ISRAEL: Polish Members of Parliament Voice Public Support of Israel
- Trending Articles
- AZERBAIJAN: Outlook for Uzbekistan's banking sector remains stable
- THAILAND: Allegations of Plot Against Thai Government Unfounded: Opposition
- GUYANA: Guyana government to roll out Wi-Fi programme for schools in remote areas
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: Dubai plans to host over 25 million visitors during World Expo 2020
- FRANCE: The high cost of electricity in the Caribbean is pushing many to install alternative energy sources
- GERMANY: Despite Security Fears, Germans Aim to Enjoy Christmas Market Season
- BANKING / INVESTMENT: Outlook for Uzbekistan's banking sector remains stable
- GOVERNMENT: Allegations of Plot Against Thai Government Unfounded: Opposition
- COMMUNICATION / ICT: Guyana government to roll out Wi-Fi programme for schools in remote areas
- EVENT: Dubai plans to host over 25 million visitors during World Expo 2020
- RENEWABLE ENERGY: The high cost of electricity in the Caribbean is pushing many to install alternative energy sources
- EVENT: Despite Security Fears, Germans Aim to Enjoy Christmas Market Season