Poland: Poland Communication Profile 2012
Poland Communication Profile 2012
Poland - Convergence - Triple Play & Digital TV
Poland's broadcasting market is transforming under the weight of competition and technological convergence; Broadcasting network operators and telecom service providers have launched competing triple play offerings. Digital TV is widely available via cable, satellite, broadband TV (IPTV) and terrestrial TV; with a number of new market entrants.
Poland - Key Statistics, Regulatory & Fixed Line Telecoms
Poland's developing telecom market has been the basis of the country's impressive growth in the broadband, convergence and mobile markets.
Poland - Mobile Market
Poland possesses a well developed mobile market with high mobile ownership levels although penetration levels suggest multiple SIM card ownership. Four mobile network operators offer services along with a number of mobile virtual network operators.
Average Revenue per User levels have stabilised after falling in recent years due to retail tariff competition and the uptake of mobile services by lower spending consumer segments of the market. Also placing pressure on ARPU levels are regulatory-enforced cuts in mobile termination rates for all three SMP mobile network operators. All four mobile network operators offer 3G services, with mobile broadband and content seen as the next growth market given low penetration of existing mobile data services.
- Poland News
- POLAND: Poland's PKP Cargo eyes Czech Unipetrol's freight unit
- ISRAEL: Polish Members of Parliament Voice Public Support of Israel
- AZERBAIJAN: Poland studying possibility of investing in Azerbaijan
- AFGHANISTAN: Revised IMF forecasts signal gloom on global economic outlook
- AFGHANISTAN: Oxfam Study Finds Richest 1% Is Likely to Control Half of Global Wealth by 2016
- POLAND: Poland Consumer Prices Fall In September
- Trending Articles
- MALAYSIA: Upgrading skills at the heart of Malaysia’s new development plan
- NORWAY: Finance Minister Siv Jensen
- SOUTH AFRICA: South Africa: Solar, Wind Tech a 'Priority' for Western Cape Housing
- ANGOLA: 80 municipalities will have electricity by 2017 in Angolan
- MOROCCO: Royal visit confirms Morocco’s growing interest in West Africa
- KUWAIT: Axum Water Supply Project in the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- ECONOMY: Upgrading skills at the heart of Malaysia’s new development plan
- ECONOMY: Finance Minister Siv Jensen
- RENEWABLE ENERGY: South Africa: Solar, Wind Tech a 'Priority' for Western Cape Housing
- ENERGY: 80 municipalities will have electricity by 2017 in Angolan
- EVENT: Royal visit confirms Morocco’s growing interest in West Africa
- BANKING / INVESTMENT: Axum Water Supply Project in the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia