Poland: Poland Communication Profile 2012
Poland Communication Profile 2012
Poland - Convergence - Triple Play & Digital TV
Poland's broadcasting market is transforming under the weight of competition and technological convergence; Broadcasting network operators and telecom service providers have launched competing triple play offerings. Digital TV is widely available via cable, satellite, broadband TV (IPTV) and terrestrial TV; with a number of new market entrants.
Poland - Key Statistics, Regulatory & Fixed Line Telecoms
Poland's developing telecom market has been the basis of the country's impressive growth in the broadband, convergence and mobile markets.
Poland - Mobile Market
Poland possesses a well developed mobile market with high mobile ownership levels although penetration levels suggest multiple SIM card ownership. Four mobile network operators offer services along with a number of mobile virtual network operators.
Average Revenue per User levels have stabilised after falling in recent years due to retail tariff competition and the uptake of mobile services by lower spending consumer segments of the market. Also placing pressure on ARPU levels are regulatory-enforced cuts in mobile termination rates for all three SMP mobile network operators. All four mobile network operators offer 3G services, with mobile broadband and content seen as the next growth market given low penetration of existing mobile data services.
- Poland News
- POLAND: Climate effects loom large as UN Climate Change Conference opens
- POLAND: Poland's current account deficit increased
- POLAND: The construction of Poland's LNG terminal project in Swinoujscie
- POLAND: Polish Oil and Gas Company (PGNiG) and partner FX Energy, Inc. drilling the Lisewo-2
- POLAND: LOT Polish Airlines to cancel several Dreamliner flights last month.
- POLAND: Poland's Core Inflation Falls To More Than 5-Year Low
- Trending Articles
- ETHIOPIA: Ethiopia puts damper on citizens travelling for jobs abroad
- RUSSIA: The recent East Asia Summit (EAS) 2013
- ITALY: Italy's poverty levels had almost doubled since the start of the economic crisis
- FAROE ISLANDS: Harbour,Torshavn,Faroe Islands
- EUROPEAN UNION: The EU economic growth is set to gather some speed next year
- ITALY: European Commission forecasts 3% 2013 deficit for Italy
- ECONOMY: Ethiopia puts damper on citizens travelling for jobs abroad
- EVENT: The recent East Asia Summit (EAS) 2013
- SOCIAL / CSR: Italy's poverty levels had almost doubled since the start of the economic crisis
- PEOPLE: Harbour,Torshavn,Faroe Islands
- ECONOMY: The EU economic growth is set to gather some speed next year
- STOCK MARKET / FINANCE: European Commission forecasts 3% 2013 deficit for Italy