Uzbekistan: Uzbekistan and Spain have signed a memorandum of cooperation
The document was unedrsigned by Spanish Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation Jose Manuel Garcia-Margalit, who paid an official visit to Tashkent, and Uzbek Foreign Minister Abdulaziz Kamilov on April 21.
During the talks the sides exchanged views on a whole range of bilateral relations, inclunding on issues of international and regional security, inclunding the situation in Afghanistan.
They discussed the cooperation in political and economic fields, the prospects for expanding inter-parliamentary relations, paid attention to cultural and humanitarian contacts.
Garcia-Margalit said the program of cooperation between the foreign ministries of the two nations for 2014-2016 will strengthen the political dialogue between the parties.
"The indices of economic and trade relations between Spain and Uzbekistan do not correspond to the sides' potential," Garcia-Margalit added. "High economic increase rates are observed in Uzbekistan. There are great opportunities for foreign, inclunding Spanish companies."
He as well noted a document on the establishment of a joint intergovernmental commission on trade and economic cooperation is planned to be signed.
The Spanish minister thanked Uzbekistan for the support of Spain as a non-permanent member of UN Security Council and said Spain will support the candidacy of Samarqand for holding the 99th conference of the Executive Council of the World Tourism Organization of the UN.
- Related Articles
- Uzbekistan News
- UZBEKISTAN: New Uzbekistan-UN cooperation program revealed
- UZBEKISTAN: Uzbekistan s government feasibility study for gas processing plant
- EUROPEAN UNION: EU to allocate 9.3 million euros to Uzbekistan
- UZBEKISTAN: The devaluation of Kazakhstan's national currency,
- UZBEKISTAN: Uzbekistan decreases coal production
- UZBEKISTAN: The Central Bank of Uzbekistan has approved the amendments to
- Trending Articles
- BENIN: UN Health Agency Warns Ebola Outbreak in West Africa Has 'A Very Nasty Sting in Its Tail'
- AZERBAIJAN: Azerbaijan reveals budget forecasts for 2016
- IRAN: US Microsoft enters Iranian market
- NIGERIA: Buhari - 100 Days of Milestones, Knocks, Praises, Nigeria
- MOROCCO: Will Morocco Give up the EU and Turn into Its African Roots?
- EGYPT: Egyptian Sisi Imposes New Tax On Airline Tickets
- HEALTH: UN Health Agency Warns Ebola Outbreak in West Africa Has 'A Very Nasty Sting in Its Tail'
- STOCK MARKET / FINANCE: Azerbaijan reveals budget forecasts for 2016
- COMPANY: US Microsoft enters Iranian market
- GOVERNMENT: Buhari - 100 Days of Milestones, Knocks, Praises, Nigeria
- ECONOMY: Will Morocco Give up the EU and Turn into Its African Roots?
- TRANSPORTATION: Egyptian Sisi Imposes New Tax On Airline Tickets