Uzbekistan: Uzbekistan and Spain have signed a memorandum of cooperation
The document was unedrsigned by Spanish Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation Jose Manuel Garcia-Margalit, who paid an official visit to Tashkent, and Uzbek Foreign Minister Abdulaziz Kamilov on April 21.
During the talks the sides exchanged views on a whole range of bilateral relations, inclunding on issues of international and regional security, inclunding the situation in Afghanistan.
They discussed the cooperation in political and economic fields, the prospects for expanding inter-parliamentary relations, paid attention to cultural and humanitarian contacts.
Garcia-Margalit said the program of cooperation between the foreign ministries of the two nations for 2014-2016 will strengthen the political dialogue between the parties.
"The indices of economic and trade relations between Spain and Uzbekistan do not correspond to the sides' potential," Garcia-Margalit added. "High economic increase rates are observed in Uzbekistan. There are great opportunities for foreign, inclunding Spanish companies."
He as well noted a document on the establishment of a joint intergovernmental commission on trade and economic cooperation is planned to be signed.
The Spanish minister thanked Uzbekistan for the support of Spain as a non-permanent member of UN Security Council and said Spain will support the candidacy of Samarqand for holding the 99th conference of the Executive Council of the World Tourism Organization of the UN.
- Related Articles
- Uzbekistan News
- EUROPEAN UNION: EU to allocate 9.3 million euros to Uzbekistan
- UZBEKISTAN: The devaluation of Kazakhstan's national currency,
- UZBEKISTAN: Uzbekistan decreases coal production
- UZBEKISTAN: The Central Bank of Uzbekistan has approved the amendments to
- UZBEKISTAN: New head of Uzbekistan energy holding appointed
- UZBEKISTAN: Uzbekistan ends construction of major chemical complex
- Trending Articles
- MOZAMBIQUE: Anadarko Petroleum secures sales of natural gas to exploit in Mozambique
- GUINEA-BISSAU: Guinea-Bissau to launch public tender to build dry port
- TUNISIA: Parliament Passes Supplementary Budget Law for 2015 in Tunisia
- NIGERIA: Nigeria's Millionaire Class Increases
- UNITED STATES: Obama makes a full-throated defense of renewable energy
- AFRICA: Food Shortage in SADC Countries
- COMPANY: Anadarko Petroleum secures sales of natural gas to exploit in Mozambique
- INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS: Guinea-Bissau to launch public tender to build dry port
- GOVERNMENT: Parliament Passes Supplementary Budget Law for 2015 in Tunisia
- SOCIAL / CSR: Nigeria's Millionaire Class Increases
- RENEWABLE ENERGY: Obama makes a full-throated defense of renewable energy
- AGRIBUSINESS / FOOD: Food Shortage in SADC Countries