Uzbekistan: Uzbekistan and Spain have signed a memorandum of cooperation
The document was unedrsigned by Spanish Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation Jose Manuel Garcia-Margalit, who paid an official visit to Tashkent, and Uzbek Foreign Minister Abdulaziz Kamilov on April 21.
During the talks the sides exchanged views on a whole range of bilateral relations, inclunding on issues of international and regional security, inclunding the situation in Afghanistan.
They discussed the cooperation in political and economic fields, the prospects for expanding inter-parliamentary relations, paid attention to cultural and humanitarian contacts.
Garcia-Margalit said the program of cooperation between the foreign ministries of the two nations for 2014-2016 will strengthen the political dialogue between the parties.
"The indices of economic and trade relations between Spain and Uzbekistan do not correspond to the sides' potential," Garcia-Margalit added. "High economic increase rates are observed in Uzbekistan. There are great opportunities for foreign, inclunding Spanish companies."
He as well noted a document on the establishment of a joint intergovernmental commission on trade and economic cooperation is planned to be signed.
The Spanish minister thanked Uzbekistan for the support of Spain as a non-permanent member of UN Security Council and said Spain will support the candidacy of Samarqand for holding the 99th conference of the Executive Council of the World Tourism Organization of the UN.
- Related Articles
- Uzbekistan News
- UZBEKISTAN: Uzbekistan, Spain ink memo on regular political consultations
- UZBEKISTAN: Uzbek President Islam Karimov signed the Agreement on Free Trade Zone
- UZBEKISTAN: Largest music festival of the East being held in Uzbekistan
- CHINA: Sanya delegation promotes tourism in Kazakstan and Uzbekistan
- KAZAKHSTAN: Caspian states discusses ecology of Caspian Sea
- TAJIKISTAN : New Ferghana Railway Plan Tweaks Tajikistan
- Trending Articles
- MALAYSIA: A Malaysia Airlines air stewardess wipes her eyes during a memorial for victims of MH370 and MH17 at Malaysia Airlines headquarters in Kuala Lumpur.
- EGYPT: Egypt’s foreign reserves in August remained close
- SYRIA: The crisis for Syrians has worsened
- GREECE: FinMin holds final talks before meeting with troika
- IRAQ: The KRG has said it plans to increase oil sales to around 1 million bpd
- ITALY: Italy in deflation, GDP down 0.2 Q2 as recession continues
- COMPANY: A Malaysia Airlines air stewardess wipes her eyes during a memorial for victims of MH370 and MH17 at Malaysia Airlines headquarters in Kuala Lumpur.
- STOCK MARKET / FINANCE: Egypt’s foreign reserves in August remained close
- SOCIAL / CSR: The crisis for Syrians has worsened
- STOCK MARKET / FINANCE: FinMin holds final talks before meeting with troika
- PETROLEUM / MINING : The KRG has said it plans to increase oil sales to around 1 million bpd
- ECONOMY: Italy in deflation, GDP down 0.2 Q2 as recession continues