Uzbekistan: Uzbekistan and Spain have signed a memorandum of cooperation
The document was unedrsigned by Spanish Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation Jose Manuel Garcia-Margalit, who paid an official visit to Tashkent, and Uzbek Foreign Minister Abdulaziz Kamilov on April 21.
During the talks the sides exchanged views on a whole range of bilateral relations, inclunding on issues of international and regional security, inclunding the situation in Afghanistan.
They discussed the cooperation in political and economic fields, the prospects for expanding inter-parliamentary relations, paid attention to cultural and humanitarian contacts.
Garcia-Margalit said the program of cooperation between the foreign ministries of the two nations for 2014-2016 will strengthen the political dialogue between the parties.
"The indices of economic and trade relations between Spain and Uzbekistan do not correspond to the sides' potential," Garcia-Margalit added. "High economic increase rates are observed in Uzbekistan. There are great opportunities for foreign, inclunding Spanish companies."
He as well noted a document on the establishment of a joint intergovernmental commission on trade and economic cooperation is planned to be signed.
The Spanish minister thanked Uzbekistan for the support of Spain as a non-permanent member of UN Security Council and said Spain will support the candidacy of Samarqand for holding the 99th conference of the Executive Council of the World Tourism Organization of the UN.
- Related Articles
- Uzbekistan News
- UZBEKISTAN: GM Uzbekistan reveals car production figures for first half of 2015
- RUSSIA: Uzbekistan and Russia are bound by various factors and disputes on several issues can’t separate the two nations.
- UZBEKISTAN: Uzbekistan to increase export of light industry goods
- KAZAKHSTAN: Baku discusses CIS, Baltic bond markets
- SOUTH KOREA: Uzbek leader to visit South Korea
- UZBEKISTAN: Uzbek President approved the program protection of private property,
- Trending Articles
- UNITED STATES: Obama holds talks on security, human rights in Ethiopia
- FRANCE: PSA Peugeot Citroen plant in Morocco
- TUNISIA: Tunisia’s Trade Deficit Rises To $4.59 Billion in Eight Months
- EGYPT: Egypt's power supply gets an encouraging boost
- CHINA: Liu Yandong to Visit Israel and Croatia and Attend the First Israel Innovation Conference
- KENYA: Westgate Mall Re-Opens 2 Years After Terror Siege in Kenya
- SOCIAL / CSR: Obama holds talks on security, human rights in Ethiopia
- INDUSTRY: PSA Peugeot Citroen plant in Morocco
- BUSINESS / TRADE: Tunisia’s Trade Deficit Rises To $4.59 Billion in Eight Months
- ENERGY: Egypt's power supply gets an encouraging boost
- EVENT: Liu Yandong to Visit Israel and Croatia and Attend the First Israel Innovation Conference
- CONSTRUCTION / INFRASTRUCTURE: Westgate Mall Re-Opens 2 Years After Terror Siege in Kenya