Uzbekistan: Uzbekistan and Spain have signed a memorandum of cooperation
The document was unedrsigned by Spanish Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation Jose Manuel Garcia-Margalit, who paid an official visit to Tashkent, and Uzbek Foreign Minister Abdulaziz Kamilov on April 21.
During the talks the sides exchanged views on a whole range of bilateral relations, inclunding on issues of international and regional security, inclunding the situation in Afghanistan.
They discussed the cooperation in political and economic fields, the prospects for expanding inter-parliamentary relations, paid attention to cultural and humanitarian contacts.
Garcia-Margalit said the program of cooperation between the foreign ministries of the two nations for 2014-2016 will strengthen the political dialogue between the parties.
"The indices of economic and trade relations between Spain and Uzbekistan do not correspond to the sides' potential," Garcia-Margalit added. "High economic increase rates are observed in Uzbekistan. There are great opportunities for foreign, inclunding Spanish companies."
He as well noted a document on the establishment of a joint intergovernmental commission on trade and economic cooperation is planned to be signed.
The Spanish minister thanked Uzbekistan for the support of Spain as a non-permanent member of UN Security Council and said Spain will support the candidacy of Samarqand for holding the 99th conference of the Executive Council of the World Tourism Organization of the UN.
- Related Articles
- Uzbekistan News
- UZBEKISTAN: Uzbekistan to realize investment projects worth about $17B
- UZBEKISTAN: Uzbekistan, U.K. intend to develop bilateral trade ties
- UZBEKISTAN: Swiss company to upgrade Uzbek chemical plants
- UZBEKISTAN: Uzbekistan attracts foreign investors to its major enterprises
- UZBEKISTAN: Uzbekistan sees sharp devaluation of national currency
- SOUTH KOREA: The Uzbekistan-Korea Tungsten joint venture will start the construction
- Trending Articles
- CHINA: Chinese President Xi Jinping and his African counterparts will have much to celebrate
- CHINA: China will work with African countries to make a China-Africa summit late this year a successful event
- CHINA: China Will Be Key to Future of G-20, Ex-Canadian PM Paul Martin Says
- AFRICA: Africa Industrialization Day through the micro lens
- KENYA: Excavation work on the Kitale Webuye road being done by Jiangxi Zhongmei Engineering Construction Co.
- SYRIA: Education is central to the planting of this next, Syria
- CHINA AFRICA RELATION: Chinese President Xi Jinping and his African counterparts will have much to celebrate
- EVENT: China will work with African countries to make a China-Africa summit late this year a successful event
- ECONOMY: China Will Be Key to Future of G-20, Ex-Canadian PM Paul Martin Says
- INDUSTRY: Africa Industrialization Day through the micro lens
- CONSTRUCTION / INFRASTRUCTURE: Excavation work on the Kitale Webuye road being done by Jiangxi Zhongmei Engineering Construction Co.
- EDUCATION: Education is central to the planting of this next, Syria