Uzbekistan: Uzbekistan and Spain have signed a memorandum of cooperation
The document was unedrsigned by Spanish Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation Jose Manuel Garcia-Margalit, who paid an official visit to Tashkent, and Uzbek Foreign Minister Abdulaziz Kamilov on April 21.
During the talks the sides exchanged views on a whole range of bilateral relations, inclunding on issues of international and regional security, inclunding the situation in Afghanistan.
They discussed the cooperation in political and economic fields, the prospects for expanding inter-parliamentary relations, paid attention to cultural and humanitarian contacts.
Garcia-Margalit said the program of cooperation between the foreign ministries of the two nations for 2014-2016 will strengthen the political dialogue between the parties.
"The indices of economic and trade relations between Spain and Uzbekistan do not correspond to the sides' potential," Garcia-Margalit added. "High economic increase rates are observed in Uzbekistan. There are great opportunities for foreign, inclunding Spanish companies."
He as well noted a document on the establishment of a joint intergovernmental commission on trade and economic cooperation is planned to be signed.
The Spanish minister thanked Uzbekistan for the support of Spain as a non-permanent member of UN Security Council and said Spain will support the candidacy of Samarqand for holding the 99th conference of the Executive Council of the World Tourism Organization of the UN.
- Related Articles
- Uzbekistan News
- AFGHANISTAN: Higher earning Why a university degree is worth more in some countries than others
- AFGHANISTAN: Central Asian countries, EU to mull issues of co-op
- AZERBAIJAN: Central Asian countries, EU eye economic development
- KAZAKHSTAN: Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan eye increasing trade turnover
- NETHERLAND: New head of EU delegation assumes duties in Uzbekistan
- UZBEKISTAN: Uzbek parties nominate presidential candidates
- Trending Articles
- GHANA: Ghana's capital markets sector to introduce new financial instruments
- MAPUTO CITY: Mozambique Cannot Pay Bondholders
- GERMANY: Egypt’s Sisi, Germany’s Merkel discuss bilateral relations, recent terrorist attacks
- GHANA: Kweku Bedu-Addo, Chairman, Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE), on renewed investment prospects in the equities market
- CANADA: Grounded tanker freed from Cape Breton shore
- ISRAEL: For Israel, Energy Boom Could Make Friends Out of Enemies
- STOCK MARKET / FINANCE: Ghana's capital markets sector to introduce new financial instruments
- STOCK MARKET / FINANCE: Mozambique Cannot Pay Bondholders
- BUSINESS / TRADE: Egypt’s Sisi, Germany’s Merkel discuss bilateral relations, recent terrorist attacks
- STOCK MARKET / FINANCE: Kweku Bedu-Addo, Chairman, Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE), on renewed investment prospects in the equities market
- AGRIBUSINESS / FOOD: Grounded tanker freed from Cape Breton shore
- PETROLEUM / MINING : For Israel, Energy Boom Could Make Friends Out of Enemies