Bangladesh: Andrew Tilke, CEO of HSBC Bangladesh
HSBC has been in Bangladesh since 1996 and today has 13 branches in four cities, serviced by a staff of over 900. Andrew Tilke, CEO, discusses how the bank leverages its expertise and international interconnectivity to help Bangladesh meet its development goals while growing business opportunities for its customers.
We have a direct role to play in helping to arrange financing to improve the infrastructure and power infrastructure of the country. Equally we see we have a role to play in being an on-the-ground expert if you want to understand Bangladesh. We spend a lot of time actually conference with people who say, “I’m coming to Bangladesh, can I come and see you?”
- Related Articles
- Bangladesh News
- AFGHANISTAN: Revised IMF forecasts signal gloom on global economic outlook
- AFGHANISTAN: Oxfam Study Finds Richest 1% Is Likely to Control Half of Global Wealth by 2016
- BANGLADESH: Pahela Baishakh celebrated more visibly after independence
- BANGLADESH: HSBC, a trusted familiar face and name
- BANGLADESH: PM seeks Brunei’s investment in Bangladesh
- BANGLADESH: The Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA)
- Trending Articles
- GHANA: Gulf of Guinea - Who Will Win the Oil Battle?
- CHINA: China Pledges Support for Zimbabwe's Development
- SOUTH AFRICA: Xenophobia - Nigeria Recalls Envoys to South Africa.
- ZIMBABWE: Zimbabwe: Hifa 2015
- KAZAKHSTAN: Kazakhstan’s GDP growth downs
- EQUATORIAL GUINEA: Forestry in Equatorial Guinea - EG offers huge investment opportunities in the agriculture and forestry sectors
- SOCIAL / CSR: Gulf of Guinea - Who Will Win the Oil Battle?
- BUSINESS / TRADE: China Pledges Support for Zimbabwe's Development
- SOCIAL / CSR: Xenophobia - Nigeria Recalls Envoys to South Africa.
- ART / CULTURE: Zimbabwe: Hifa 2015
- ECONOMY: Kazakhstan’s GDP growth downs
- AGRICULTURE: Forestry in Equatorial Guinea - EG offers huge investment opportunities in the agriculture and forestry sectors