Africa > North Africa > Algeria > Energy: Algeria, contracts for Schlumberger and Halliburton

Algeria: Energy: Algeria, contracts for Schlumberger and Halliburton

2012/09/18

 

 

Energy: Algeria, contracts for Schlumberger and Halliburton

Algerian energy giant Sonatrach announced it has signed four contracts with the French-US group Schlumberger and with HESP; an Algerian-American conglomerate including Halliburton; for test bores in hydrocarbon camps in Algeria.

The contracts are worth overall 573 million dollars. The contracts with Schlumberger total 341 million dollars while those with HESP (Halliburton Entreprise de services aux Puits) have a value of 232 million dollars.

HESP is a services company: 51% of its capital is owned by Algeria's Entreprise Nationale de Services aux Puits while the remaining 49% belongs to Halliburton. 

Related Articles
  • Africa: Factbox-World's Major Famines of the Last 100 Years

    2017/03/12 People are currently starving to death in four nations, and 20 million lives are at risk in the next six months The U.N. children's agency UNICEF said on Tuesday nearly 1.4 million children were at "imminent risk" of death in famines in Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen. Famine was formally declared on Monday in parts of South Sudan, which has been mired in civil war since 2013. People are by presently starving to death in all four nations, and the World Food Programme says additional than 20 million lives are at risk in the next six months. The United Nations defines famine as at the same time as at least 20 % of households in an area face extreme food shortages, acute malnutrition rates exceed 30 %, and two or additional people per 10,000 are dying per day.
  • Algeria's Clean Energy: Huge Potential, Huge Ambition

    2017/03/12 Algeria is known for its oil and gas, but take a quick look at a world map, and you’ll see that its mountains and Mediterranean coastline mean huge wind energy potential. Add in its large surface area and desert topography, and the country enjoys huge solar energy potential as well. In fact, Algeria’s wind resources are estimated very large due to the size of the country with an estimated capacity of 35 THW per year, as well the Mediterranean North is characterized by a coastline of 1200 km coastline and a mountainous field with microclimates, what gives the giving the country a high potential of Wind development. In addition, Algeria has the major solar field in the world and the major capacity of all Mediterranean basin, with a territory composed of 86% of the Saharan desert, 2000 hours of average annual sunshine. The energy generated by solar power would represent 5000 times the Algerian consumption of electricity.
  • Algeria's Clean Energy: Huge Potential, Huge Ambition

    2017/03/12 Algeria is known for its oil and gas, but take a quick look at a world map, and you’ll see that its mountains and Mediterranean coastline mean huge wind energy potential. Add in its large surface area and desert topography, and the country enjoys huge solar energy potential as well. In fact, Algeria’s wind resources are estimated very large due to the size of the country with an estimated capacity of 35 THW per year, as well the Mediterranean North is characterized by a coastline of 1200 km coastline and a mountainous field with microclimates, what gives the giving the country a high potential of Wind development. In addition, Algeria has the major solar field in the world and the major capacity of all Mediterranean basin, with a territory composed of 86% of the Saharan desert, 2000 hours of average annual sunshine. The energy generated by solar power would represent 5000 times the Algerian consumption of electricity.
  • Solar to strengthen Algeria’s energy outlook

    2016/12/26 An agreement for a new solar plant marks the new step in Algeria’s effort to increase renewable electricity generation and reduce domestic gas consumption. The move is a crucial one, given that the country’s rising request for power – much of which is generated from gas feedstock – has constrained the volume of gas available for export, impacting national revenues. According to data from the Ministry of Energy, electricity consumption increased by 7.4% to 68.8 TWh last year.
  • Higher earning Why a university degree is worth more in some countries than others

    2016/12/11 A university education may expand your mind. It will as well fatten your wallet. Data from the OECD, a club of rich nations, show that graduates can expect far better lifetime earnings than those without a degree. The size of this premium varies. It is greatest in Ireland, which has a high GDP per chief and rising inequality. Since 2000 the unemployment rate for under-35s has swelled to 8% for those with degrees – but to additional than 20% for those without, and nearly 40% for secondary school drop-outs. The country’s wealth presently goes disproportionately to workers with letters next their names.