Africa > Central Africa > Cameroon > Cameroon: Limbe City Council - FCFA 6 Billion Budget Approved for 2015

Cameroon: Cameroon: Limbe City Council - FCFA 6 Billion Budget Approved for 2015

2015/01/06

Senior Councillors of the Limbe City Council have adopted FCFA 6 billion for the 2015 financial year. The budget was adopted on 24 December 2014 during the 2nd ordinary session of the council chaired by the Government Delegate, Andrew Motanga Monjimba.

Some FCFA 3.5 billion is allocated for recurrent spending, representing 59.10 % of the budget; while FCFA 2.4 billion is for investments, making up 40.90 %. Presenting the budget, the Government Delegate lamented that it remains the same as last year because of the difficulties in collecting revenue from their major tax payers since 2012.

Mr. Motanga disclosed that the investment budget will be spent on land acquisition, tangible assets, roads, culverts, bridges, water and electricity, purchase of transport and road equipment and the creation of additional gardens to embellish the city. The Council will as well intensify its hygiene and sanitation drive within the city.

The Limbe City Council will as well support education through the construction of classrooms in GSS Mabeta and GHS Mbonjo and provide boreholes in GTHS Limbe. Meritorious and needy students and pupils within the municipality will as well be awarded scholarships. While announcing plans to embellish the city ahead of the 2016 and 2019 female and male African Cup of Nations respectively, the Government Delegate as well revealed that the Council intends to take over the management of the Limbe International Cadet tournament. According to him, the competition is a breeding ground for a lot of talents like the Indomitable Lions captain, Stephan Mbia and Clinton Njie, who passed through the tournament that was hitherto sponsored by the late Henry Njalla Quan.

Related Articles
  • Internet restriction in Cameroon's Anglophone region hitting 60-day mark

    2017/11/27 The internet cut in Cameroon’s restive Anglophone regions is entering the 60th day according to activists tracking the shutdown. The government on September 30, 2017 placed restrictions on access to social media networks like Facebook, Twitter and whatsapp. This was despite a government statement saying that no such plans were to be implemented. September 30 was the eve of a symbolic declaration of independence by the two Anglophone regions. At the time a heavy security deployment across the regions was as well in place, subsequent clashes between separatists and security forces lead to deaths, injuries and mass arrests.
  • Namibia Scraps Visas for Africans

    2017/11/01 Namibia has gotten the ball rolling on plans to scrap visa requirements for African passport holders next Cabinet authorised the implementation of this process - to be carried out in line with diplomatic procedures. Namibia will any minute at this time start issuing African passport holders with visas on arrival at ports of entry as a initial step towards the eventual abolition of all visa requirements for all Africans.
  • Africa: Experts Explore Infrastructure and Cooperation to Improve Lives

    2017/11/01 Addis Ababa — African economies require structural transformation to attain sustained increase that trickles down to all its peoples, an official from the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) told experts gathered at the organization’s Ethiopian headquarters. Soteri Gatera, who heads the ECA’s Industrialization and Infrastructure Section, says only such “inclusive” economic increase will help resolve the “persistent social economic problems” Africa faces.
  • Africa's last international banks make their stand

    2017/10/31 On June 1, 2017, Barclays sold a 33.7% stake in its African business, Barclays Africa Group Limited (BAGL). The transaction reduced the UK lender’s stake in its African offshoot to 14.9% and permitted, in accounting terms, the deconsolidation of BAGL from its parent. Additional symbolically, it brought to an end Barclays’ operations on the continent next additional than 100 years. The rise of Africa’s home-grown financial players has led most international lenders to withdraw from the continent. However, Société Générale and Standard Chartered are not only staying put but marking territory for digital expansion. James King reports.